Scopists & Proofreaders. This one’s for you!Â
Having trouble getting long-term reporter clients? Get a lot of inquiries but nothing more? Letâ€™s take a closer look at your rate sheet and see if this is whatâ€™s scaring potential clients away!
5 Key Elements of a Killer Rate SheetÂ
Here are some of Stenovateâ€™s top tips for creating a rate sheet that creates the foundation for a great working relationship between you and your reporters.
1) Good grammar and punctuation â€“Â I donâ€™t think I should have to say this, but Iâ€™m going to anyway. Double and triple-check your rate sheet for spelling and punctuation errors. Nothing turns away potential clients like poor attention to detail on your own work! ðŸ™ˆ
2) Formatting â€“ Make sure your rate sheet is easy to understand and concise. Bullet points work great for listing page rates! And yourÂ font choice can say a lot about you, so choose wisely!
3) Overall tone of voice â€“ If you have policies youâ€™d like to explain in more detail, consider the style in which you write them and your word choice. Professional and positive is going to be your best bet in starting any working relationship. While you may have had bad experiences in the past, donâ€™t let that one bad experience prevent you from building awesome relationships with future clients.
4) Be specific! Be clear with your reporters on exactly what they can expect when they add you to their team. Instead of using days to quantify your turnaround time, use hours to be more precise.
5) Contact information â€“ List whatever additional contact information youâ€™re comfortable disclosing. This could be email, phone number, and/or social media.
Set a Competitive Rate ðŸ’°
The most important thing is the actual rate that youâ€™re charging! Setting your own rates can be difficult if you donâ€™t know what the current market rates are. Check out the 2022 Scoping, Proofreading & Transcription Business Survey Results to see what other scopists are charging.
Boost Your Reputation ðŸš€
Looking for one additional way to stand out from the rest? Consider listing a reference or two on your rate sheet as well. You could even use a quote from Stenovateâ€™s rating and review system to help boost your credibility.
Stenovate is also a great way to quickly build your reputation and client base. If you haven’t already, start your 30-Day Free Trial of Stenovate to find work with reputable reporters who can give you 5-star ratings and glowing reviews for all of your hard work! ðŸ¤©
Once you have a few glowing reviews, you’ll have no problem finding the kind of work you are looking for. ðŸ’ª